5 Reasons Why Change is Good for Us
Sometimes change can feel a bit scary. After all, it’s called your Comfort Zone for a reason! But change is inevitable and even necessary if you are to learn and grow and get the most out of life. Here are five reasons why you should embrace change.
1. Change makes you grow. Change is necessary for growth, in fact, growth is impossible without change! You can choose to stay safely in your familiar routine, but if you do, you’ll be missing out on all life has to offer.
The challenge of a new job or moving to a different city might be uncomfortable, especially at first. But it’s guaranteed that change is likely to lead you down all sorts of unexpected paths, with rewards you could never have imagined, just waiting for you. Would you rather stay as a caterpillar or become a butterfly?
2. Change makes you more resilient. Change forces us to be more flexible. Faced with big unexpected changes, you learn to go with the flow and adapt. And once you learn to roll with whatever is going on, you can start to see the positives and rise to the challenge. Even something like losing your job can open you up to all sorts of opportunities, such as changing industries or starting your own business.
3. Change makes the focus on your values. There’s nothing like change to make you focus on what’s genuinely important in your life. A negative change like illness can make you realize the importance of relationships, family, and friends. Having to make tough decisions can sharpen your focus on what your ethical framework is, what you will and won’t stand for in your life.
4. Change keeps you moving. Not all changes are big or life-changing. Small incremental steps, little changes to your habits or routines, can add up to big changes over time. You might start getting off the bus one stop early and after a few months be walking to the office every day.
Making small changes often has a snowball effect and before you know it you have accomplished that big, seemingly impossible task.
5. Change can make you a better person. You might be surprised to find out really how strong you are. Your confidence will grow as you deal with life’s challenges and you’ll quickly learn what you can handle and what you can’t.
And as a bonus, change can make you a more compassionate and kinder person and give you more insight into other people’s circumstances and choices. Learn to see change as an opportunity, not a threat, and you will live a much more fulfilled and exciting life.
I hope you enjoyed this article. Please leave a comment or share to help others through their journey with change. Is it time for you to pivot? Change is difficult and you don't have to walk that path alone. Subscribe to my newsletter to get inspired and take action towards becoming a better you.